Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My place!

No! I am not referring to the “My Place Cafe brunei”. XP moving on, we went to the girls room to temporary drop off our bags (as I have not got mine yet), and continued to go down to attend the “Meet the Resident’s Tutor house” as they discuss fire safety and the do’s and don’ts (personal note, need to meet them later to introduce myself and need a quick recap and advice). After all that, we went to the Accommodation officer to get my room, and finally! It is done! I have my room in the Constable Terrace house, a 2 individual room, with sharing toilet/shower pod with a sharing kitchen (an oven with an electric stove, a sink and a small refrigerator). Unfortunately I didn’t get the Norfolk or Suffolk terrace, and the disadvantage of this place is that is the other end of the Uni (very far from city) and requires quite a bit of walking towards the shopping (uni area) and the classrooms/faculties. The advantage is that it is VERY near to the mosque, so that’s a plus for me. The room is small, enough for a bed, a table, 5 plug outlets, a heater, a window with a limited opening range, 2 small cupboards (enough for my clothes), a pin board and a wall mantel thingy. Oh yeah, all that for 80pounds per week, INCLUSIVE of water, fuel, heat and INTERNET! But then again, have to wait till Monday till I can register myself T_T
Anymore? Hmm, I have a Jordanian muslim, mr. A, as my roomie, but we kept to ourselves, and I hope not much problem shall arise between us (would like to make him my friend but for now he is kinda reserve).
Thus here I am in my room, preparing to face the challenges of studying abroad.

No comments: