Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Thursday, September 6, 2007

It is official - I cannot donate blood!

I had my medical check up today (twice in my lifetime so far) and as usual they (the young doctor and the more experience doctor) had a hard time to find my blood.

This time is a bit different though. When I arrived at the doctor's table, I am somehow unusually calm... maybe because I had already experience it before, thus knowing only the initial insertation of the needle is painful and it only hurts for 1 sec.

Boy, I am so unlucky this time... after several attempts of trying to find my blood near my elbow area (on both arms), the doctor finally found it... BUT! he told me it isn't enough because he can only withdraw a few millimeter... He (the experience one) told me the blood thingy (edit: shedz said the green vein) is too deep, thus hard to withdraw...

Before I move on... here is the picture about the above paragraph


Moving on... the doctor told me my only option is this...


I asked him, "Is it painful? Compared to the arm?"
he said... yes... padih ni...

No words can describe the pain I received when he withdrew my blood from my fist area... I even said "YA ALLAH!" (in a whisper-shout mode way) along my poor poor poor pathetic attempt to withstand the pain.

Somehow one of the senior doctor tried to make a conversation with me to distract from the pain...
Unfortunaltely... when I tried to talk... some of my words sounded like a scratch Vinly Disc with my face making *OH-MY-GOD-WHEN WILL THIS END-BUT-MUST-KEEP-A-HAPPY-YET-TWISTED-FACE*

That's it! I am not gonna donate blood... ever! Sniff sniff... the pain... THE PAINN.....

ps: remember the mantoux test? Remember that pain which only lasted for 10 secs... now imagine that exact pain, at a bit higher pain frequency... and lasted more than a minute when they take my blood from the green vein in my fist area... UGGGHHHHHHHHHH

3 comments:

ShedZster said...

lol! find the blood? they can poke u anywhere to find blood XD cari vein lah! XD They can't find ur green vein.

I've gone through that more than a dozen time. To compare drip and blood, blood has a more painful needle coz it has a bigger diameter needle compared for drips.

Huhuhu~ rasa macam ada bruise, kan kan kan?

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

ah thanks shedz, gonna re-edit then

but but... extracting blood from the fist... sakittttttttttt

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

the main article has been edited

baik jua ku takanangkan martox test aka the test for tb ^^