Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The beginning of the journey.

Arrive at airport at 5-ish pm. Checked in but due to excess kilos by 6, I hand carried my friend’s traditional malay cake (which is 3 kgs) and leave my bag and a smart shoe (brought home by my father).
At the airport, my family (including my aunts, uncles, grandpa, grandma, cousins and uncles) and my friends were sitting/standing there, chatting and waiting for my departure at 7.30pm. While waiting, since this is the fasting month, the family break “fast” and had a light food. While eating, I jokingly said that “we should have bring along a mat for us to sit and eat on the floor”. Not long after that, what I joke became true! It was a sight to be seen, as people watch me, my aunts and my mom sitting on the mat, in the airport lobby XD. It does not end there, as a reporter (from which newspaper, we weren’t sure) took our picture sitting there, and asked a simple question on whom was sent (me) and to where (UEA, Norwich; UK!). I do hope the pictures can be sent to me from Brunei
The time finally arrive, and thus this anak manja (pampered child?) kiss, hugs, asked for forgiveness for one last time before going into the terminal. My feeling right now as I typed this was the same as when I was at the airport, trying my best to hold my tears, but the in end, the inevitable occurs, as the thought of leaving your love ones, your good life, your mates, your stuffs and your country is too unbearable to think of. And for one last time before I entered, my best mate, Emad Syukri, gave me one final bros handshake and thus began my journey to a country I have never been before, alone but hoping to bring out the best in me, for me, my family, my friends and my country.

3 comments:

Monnie said...

Myuuuu~! >_< brings back memories of my first time last year *sniffles* (except for the picnik part XD XP)

Anonymous said...

pampered? more like protected species!!!

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

im a pikachuuuu!