Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Journey from Brunei to Dubai.

As usual the flight is delayed. Inside found my friend ms. N.H where our friends were searching for her outside the terminal. She told me that she came into the terminal lobby early because the counter staff told her to get in at 6.30 ><. No worries though as she managed to say some last words to our friend outside using my phone (before I go in of course). Finally boarded the plane and I sat at 27h on the aisle side. Reason I want that side because of my size, thus reducing the inconvenience of passing though the neighbouring passenger when I want to go to toilet (which I tend to go a lot). Unfortunately there are the con side of the aisle seat. First your arm (my left) is subjected to accidental butt strike by passing passengers and the steward/stewardess. Second is the fear of the falling objects from above (where the bags were stowed). Finally is that you have less or no view of the outside beautiful scenery (as the window seat passenger control the area).
The sad part of this long journey is that my seat, 27h has I think a faulty remote, as I cannot access the entertainment centre. The 2 kind stewardesses tried to reset the system for me twice but to no avail. They did offer me to change seats but I decline (personal reasons). So dad or RBA-staff in Brunei, take note of my problem, and try to rectify it before another passenger complains.
‘Twas a long journey (7 hours) and I can’t go to sleep due to excitedness and the occasional hit-and-butt-bump events. Thank Allah that the other side of the remote is functional thus I can use it to listen to music and watch TV... with lots of re-runs of 1 episode Frasier, “The secret Millionaire”, Just for laughs and such. Had dinner but then I just realised something. Sure the N95 is a multipurpose device, but then again 1 major disadvantage arises in special situations. Such a situation is what I am experiencing now as I cannot switch on my mobile (to access the camera) as “it may cause interference” as one stewardess said. If I have a separate camera (and mp3 player) those items can be used, but not mobile...
Thus the journey is just that for the 7 hours (entertained for a while, tried to sleep) and finally we arrive at Dubai to be transit.

No comments: