Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Friday, September 14, 2007

My new laptop :\

*sigh* the ones I want (asus, etc) from CFking is either sold out, out of stock and next week arrival, so I went to Netcom instead to buy my laptop. Would love to purchase from Concept but I hate going into their area, too crowded and hard to navigate (especially rush hour), and beseller? blacklist for life (UNLESS to buy parts, then its ok)

After much thought, and a nice help from one of the shop assistant, I bought this baby

To be quite honest, Acer wasn't my first choice. But then again, with budget constraints (<$2500) and wanting a good midline laptop (because I am a heavy user, thus desktop replacement is an obvious choice of mine), combined that with my time-constraint (either 16th, 18th or 20th I'm flying off to UK), I eventually chose this. When tested, for me it an ok-transition, the graphics are better than my current PC (T_T) when I played my favourite on-line game, Guildwars, and everything looks pretty in vista...

yeah... that bugs me, heavy in graphics in vista... I bet even with my 2 gigs ram, it may still slow down or even crashed due to "full" memory (like my lil sister's laptop). Thank god, so far I have yet encountered that problem and I do hope it shall never happens.

Oh yeah, its an ACER TravelMate 6592G-602G25Mn, Core 2 Duo T7500 (2x 2.2 GHz), 2x 1024MB; 250GB, DVD±RW DL/RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 XT, 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050), matte, VGA, DVI, TV-Out, Gigabit-LAN, WLAN (until N), Bluetooth 2.0, FireWire 400, ExpressCard, WebCam and Windows Vista Business, at a cash price of $2361, without gifts and from an original price of $2888. Unfortunately for me, with big size, comes heavy weight... of 3kg :\ I don't mind though for now, because I am kind of in a desperate situation. In the future, will buy a new one (more powerful by that time) and hopefully there will be some models available for me (like ASUS, with its better quality and lighter weight).

Battery? It fares well so far, and I can choose what kind of battery mode I want (power saver-more batt life, balance, or preeeety graphics aka very short life)

With extra cash, I also bought myself this lovely looking mouse, the G-Cube, Enchanted Collection, which only cost me $16. Mind you, it is not for gaming (800dpi) but only for everyday uses, and because it is good for the eyes

And it comes with its own bag! wow!


Sadly, Netcom didn't have the laptop cooling pad, as the size available is too small for my new laptop... so gotta shop again. Why? Well, during gaming, as usual the heat builds up and thus gets hot. At least this one has better heating dispensing capabilities, compared with my dad's Dell Laptop, where the heat can be felt and cause the laptop to force shutdown due to overheating.

ok, thats all from me. Wish me luck that my new laptop does not caused me too much problem (the only problem right now its 3 kg weight)

ps: oh yeah, did I mentioned this? Its the only one left here in Kiulap XD, the other one can be bought at Kb XD

11 comments:

muNtui said...

aisehh ada laptop baru ia..
feewiiitt to the laptop! XD

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

;p

Monnie said...

*evil drool* XD
Im eyeing ur laptop, boohaha! ( bukannya apa nah, jarih sudah bah laptop ku kana drool leh abg ah, sooooo....payback time!! XD )

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

noooo! I shall be the one doing the drooling!!!!


.
.
.
.

wait...something is not quite right here...

N said...

T_T the unfairness... almost 1.5yrs ago I bought an acer, 15.4" widescreen, 2.0GHz, 80GB HD, 512MB ram with dedicated 128MB ATIx700. That costed me a sum of 3k loan in total T_T

....ujung tahun ani baru abis bayar loan T_T sandi eh.

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

with due respect, in my opinion, your laptop might be a good mid-liner laptop for that time. We cannot say "its unfair, he got a better deal now" as in reality, over time, each component of the laptop gets cheaper and more powerful than the last week, last month and even last year.

Just like my PC, it was a good high-end spec a few years back, and now, comparing with my laptop, its like my laptop is way better than my pc X(

a good tip though. Buy in cash. Save some money every month just solely for laptop, thus after say 1 or 2 years, buy the laptop. In 2 years time, my mid-line laptop will be either low-end laptop or an obsolete laptop, thus planning to save now for an 10 times better laptop.

I pay cash, I save nearly $500. Also, don't get the gifts... for me, most of the gifts either I do not want or already have. Instead spend the extra dollars to a even better mouse (in looks only or for gaming) and do not forget the laptop cooling pad ^^

muNtui said...

or we can steal the laptop from abu.. we knw where he lives right?? XD

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

*sediakan tarap basher*

N said...

awu iatah abu, thats the idea. time atu that WAS the best spec i cud find, tapi alum batah atu kluar tia duo core =.="

yours is like 3x better than mind >.<

bah which part of jerudong kan rumah mu ani? aku ke sana ngambil xD

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

mine is 10X better than yours! XD

ehehehehe

no regrets when buying! Im betting ada lagi bagus dari aku tu next week

Monnie said...

XD tarap basher!!!!! XD

*wham!wham!wham!*

XD