Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I have arrived UK!!!

Finally I have arrived in UK (thanks to a few hours nap, music and no thanks to the remote) and wow, everything is big here and wow look at that car park (and we dared to complain cemana kan mencari parking). Went out the airplane, bus, walk walk walk to the immigration counter, got a free and quick access to the counter (students only), submit my med check to the health office, go to counter 6, get my bags and jeng jeng! Out I go to meet with the awaiting teacher outside. I wait with the others so that we can as a group go together. Unfortunately the last 2 students are late... really late... and *gasp!* a drama unfolds! The late student is waiting for their bag (told by the other teacher)
*Gasp!* a girl amongst our group found out that her bag is not hers. It looks like her bag but it isn’t, and mind you it’s a Bruneian yellow tag bag. Thus the other teacher went in, out came the late girl, went ecstatic went she found her bag (the same for the other girl) and we can be merrily board our bus, and goes to Bruhall, the centre of Bruneian (students and teachers alike) based community.
Wow, wow, wow! During the whole 1 hour plus journey from the airport to Bruhall, I am amazed by UK already, especially the beautifully clean brick houses, the lady and the pigeons (in the park), the many kind of shops, the traffic (gets jammed easily) and how close they are to each other. Seriously, they are driving too close and one time I nearly panic as the guy on a bicycle went through the small narrow opening between two buses (public and ours).
Arrived at Bruhall, but then again its nearly 12. Saw my little sis, CT, and we carried our bags to the hall. *gasp!* I got an on arrival present! A box of Krispy Kreme! I took a quick peek and boy, does the donuts made me drool! Why you could basically smell the donuts when you just open a bit of the box. Anyhoo moving on, inside, us 3, dbc, ms. Z and ms. Pink girl (hehe) discuss, and decide to go A.S.A.P to our hall, not just about the accommodation, but to at least attend the other orientation the next day (sadly we missed today’s one). So with such short time with my little sister (who I am grateful for helping me to exchange my money and getting me some water) we left Bruhall at 1++pm (after a session of briefing) and hop aboard a rented cab? Car?
No worries ma and pa, we only spent 10 pounds in total as we pay the driver 250 pounds, the 240 will be reimbursed by the Bruhall. Thus we travel to UEA, a 2 hours plus trip, with our Iranian driver named Ali 1 (we met Ali 2 earlier, but he opted out of the journey)

3 comments:

Monnie said...

krispy kreme goo~d,innit bro!? XD cant have too much tho,too sweet hehehehe, but still...its gooood XD

Ur welcome with d munny =) (cud've snatched some XD bwuahaahahahahhaha!!! *jk jk*)country side is the best! less polution,cheaper stuffs,more peacefull,with animals roamin freely...*woof woof!!!* XO

XD

Anonymous said...

hey
i want 2 be the first 2 post... baaadddddd~~~~ ka ct

Masta DBC or dbckun said...

i want krispy kreme!!!!!

ROAR!