Keeping true to anything goes, from silly net stuffs, food reviews, to events of interest and personal stories. Updates: unpredictable (BUT trying best to come back as a regular)

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Final thoughts before departing to brunei.

I am going to miss UK. I am anticipating with glee for Brunei

I am going to miss the cool UK weather and now worrying about the hot/rainy days of Brunei.

Gonna miss the diverse selection of UK food, yet I am now craving for Mama's cooking and what Brunei has to offer.

UK's shopping is full of bargains and varieties, especially my size, whereas Brunei has less and some pirated, but were cheap to buy. Not really into Brands, but sometimes quality is better than quantity, and UK got 'em, Brunei ain't.

Really really going to miss is the high-speed, stable internet, except my advice for future students/workers to avoid the wireless MOBILE internet as offered by vodaphone as such. Not really worth the money(expensive and has limits), speed and stability (wireless tend to easily disconnected). I was lucky the university provided it inclusive with my accommodation, thus no need for applying the mentioned mobile internet services.

Brunei has family and friends, and can't wait to be reunited with them.

However, one thing dawned on me about going back to Brunei this Sunday (on arrival) it is going to be a bitter sweet arrival.

Sweet because I truly miss my family and friends, for 1 year not meeting them, thus much hugs will be happening at the airport (tears perhaps?). Bitter because I was just being told that Grandpa Kong has passed away and his funeral will be the same day as my arrival, thus gonna miss it. Condolences to the family and am truly regrettably unable to attend.

Going back to topic, UK will be missed. Lots of memories gained, dramas unfolded, wonderful experience, friends gained and appreciation earned. Truly going to miss UK.

Nevertheless, it is not all that bad news. I already have two plans to come back to UK to attend my little sister's graduation and my graduation. However, I will come back as a tourist, no more a student.

Those were all my random thoughts right now, random but true. On Sunday Brunei morning, my UK journey will end, and I will be glad to be back...

...back as a proud Bruneian, who has endure a lot in his one-year UK journey.

No comments: